My husband and I have some slight differences in the way that we view camping. Previous to getting married, I was the gal who camped in the rain on deserted forestry roads out in the woods, and canoed into free rec sites only accessible by river (with no outhouses, thank you very much).
He, on the other hand, prefers camping a la Holiday Inn, or at the very least, a hostel. He can’t fathom what I see in camping, dislikes the set up and take down, and wonders why we didn’t just stay home, let the kids sleep in sleeping bags, and roast hotdogs on the bbq.
I’ve been a long-time fan and friend of Katie, from Kitchen Stewardship, and was so happy to see her put out this amazing ebook– Kitchen Stewardship in the Big Woods: Family Camping Handbook with Real Food Options! Perhaps now I can find ways to make camping easier, more family-friendly, and more enjoyable for my darling hubby’s sake!
More Than Just a Recipe Book…
This book is definitely about that. But it is also SO much more than that.
Katie has actually put together a very comprehensive, thorough and helpful guide for moms and dads who want to get out into nature with their kids and enjoy the frugality and simplicity that camping offers, but without the general frustration and challenges that camping can present.
What The eBook Includes:
- Tips for simple camping cooking and campfire management
- Suggestions and even helpful lists for packing and preparing
- Creature comfort help: bugs, weather, personal care in the woods
- Fun ideas and activities for kids of all ages
- More than 20 real food recipes, with camping in mind
- Printable lists for groceries, packing, preparation checklists, etc.
Would You Like to Win a Copy of Kitchen Stewardship in the Big Woods?
Enter by leaving a SEPARATE comment for each entry:
- Tell me either why you love camping, or your biggest struggle and why you need this book!
- Subscribe to Saving Naturally by RSS or by email.
- Share this giveaway through social media of choice (on your blog, Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Subscribe to Kitchen Stewardship, Katie’s fantastic blog.
I have a second copy available as well, for those who take this quick, 2-minute survey for Saving Naturally.
(The winner of this second ebook will be drawn only from the names of those who completed the survey, so it will give you an even better of winning!)
Both giveaways end 4:00pm Friday, August 13, 2010. Giveaway has now ended. Thanks!
If you’re too impatient to wait and see if you’ve won, you can just grab your own copy of Kitchen Stewardship in the Big Woods for a mere $4.95!
Disclosure: I do receive a small affiliate commission on each sale from my site, but I only recommend products I truly think are worth buying. You can read my full disclosure statement here.